The Command Enlisted Heritage Hall (EHH) was opened with a ribbon cutting event on May 10, 2001 at HQ AFOSI, 1535 Command Drive, Andrews AFB, MD. [The USAF already has established an Air Force-wide Enlisted Heritage Hall at Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, AL] The AFOSI EHH is described as just the beginning, a very solid and significant beginning, but a beginning none the less to create a living enlisted heritage. A place where AFOSI enlisted history will be chronicled in many different ways and updated over the years. It is focused on identifying enlisted persons and collecting information about them in the following categories:
- AFOSI’s Twelve Outstanding Airmen of the Year Award Winners
- AFOSI Command/Senior Enlisted Advisers (CMSgts)
- AFOSI Enlisted Bronze Star Recipients
- First(s) for AFOSI Enlisted Members
(enlisted women, first Computer Crime Investigator (CCI), STEP Promotion, Special Agent in Charge (SAIC), HQ program managers, first LG troop assigned to OSI, first active duty (AD), IMA and Support CMSgt, etc.
- Collection of items from past and present enlisted members and the story behind the item for the HQ AFOSI display case.
- Enlisted Contributions to Society during and after their tour with AFOSI (taking part in charitable organizations, serving in leadership positions in and out of government, creating functions that serve fellow members of society, etc.).
- Enlisted War Stories (deployment of agents, IMA and Support personnel, case investigations/operations and acts of heroism by command enlisted personnel.